MH-Dragon][
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Muilkorfje, Killerbee, OmG.Fubar
Author Post
Pizzi
Thu Jul 19 2012, 10:22am
Registered Member #11
Hehe, I think I played a few times with you without knowing it's you *smile*
At least I have seen your gaming Nick a few times...

Ok, back to the Problem with the Projectiles of the Dragons: I know that it is possible to put MyLevel Monster in CreatureFactories, I have seen it a few times, but sadly I still don't know how to do that. If you know, you can change the Projectile Type and save the Dragons as MyLevel direct to the Map, from where they will get loaded into the CreatureFactory.
Beyond that you can change other things like Skins, Health, Drawscale, Movement or any other Option you like as well, cause you don't need the Package anymore, the Map itself is the Package in that case.
evilgrins
Thu Jul 19 2012, 08:09pm
Registered Member #5
I'll tinker with it.
Kelly
Fri Jul 20 2012, 02:03am
Registered Member #1603
You can change the projectiles but you need to completely subclass the monster. For instance don't add a warlord then edit it's properties. Instead subclass Warlord in editor, give it a custom name, then save the package as mylevel in the map. Once you do this THEN you can edit the properties because it will not conflict with other monsters of the same name.

Really you ought to take the next step and learn how to make an external monster package. It's only a step more than what you are doing anyway. Sometimes (depending on what you do) replication will cause you problems because the projectile depends on something from the monster or you could have an animation conflict, etc.

Edit: I just paged back and looked at the error. Do the balls make a sound when you get near them? If they do then I've fixed this before.

[ Edited Fri Jul 20 2012, 02:22am ]
Pizzi
Fri Jul 20 2012, 10:15am
Registered Member #11
Kelly wrote ...

Instead subclass Warlord in editor, give it a custom name, then save the package as mylevel in the map. Once you do this THEN you can edit the properties because it will not conflict with other monsters of the same name.

Yes, that's exactly the way how I created all the MyLevel Monster so far, but if I use them in a CreatureFactory, it seems to work for the first moment (the Monsters get spawned and all changes seems to be correct), but right after the first one of them get killed, all Sounds and the Chat area crashes (no Chat Messages will appear anymore) and short after the Server will connect to any random Map by itself.

About the Sounds of the Dragon projectiles, I didn't paid attention to that, but I think there was no Sound. Next time this Map is running I will look out for that.
Pizz@-Soldier
Fri Jul 20 2012, 12:09pm
Registered Member #4
I'll just keep at the building part of UED.. lol
Kelly
Fri Jul 20 2012, 04:37pm
Registered Member #1603
If you want to fix this Pizzi, I'll help you get it sorted out. If you are subclassing monsters into a map you are only one step away from an external package anyway.

Your server is dying because something is done wrong. It could be any number of things (did you save a log by chance?) but it shouldn't be hard to narrow down quickly. My gut tells me that it has something to do with the replacements in your mod but I'd need more info to be sure.

If this is something you want to pursue feel free to keep going or you can email me for more private chat. It's all fixable, I assure you.
Pizzi
Sat Jul 21 2012, 03:01am
Registered Member #11
External Packages are no Problem, I already did a few for Monsters and Weapons, and in this way they are working fine. I even made custom Monsters from some Player Models and they are working fine as well so far, just if I create Monsters for CreatureFactorys they will not work.
I did a small example for you to see how I do that, maybe you will see something I did wrong:

http:// www. stronger-monsterhunt.net/Testmap.unr
(I'm sorry I had to write this Link with Spaces, cause the Forum Software will not show up Links for any reason, so please delete the Spaces for Download)

If all is done correctly so far in this Testmap, maybe you can connect to my Server together with me sometime, I will Upload another Map where I tried that out than, so you can take a look how the Server will act.
In this spirit I would like to say thank you for your help :-)
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF