<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
MH-Butterflies
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Muilkorfje, Killerbee, OmG.Fubar
Author Post
evilgrins
Fri May 11 2012, 05:42am
Registered Member #5
This is an edit of a map originally made by Kaal.

This map has gone through a number of stages. Given the title MH-Butterflies, it was originally just that. I busted out the butterflies from Animal_PACK1 but while they worked fine, the pretty little things were damned near impossible to kill. No, I take that back. They were completely impossible to kill.

So, I took the butterflies away from the monster generators on the map and put them back on as active items in each of the mounds outside of the base. They're still impossible to kill and tend to follow players around, so you're more than welcome to try and kill them after you deal with what I replaced them with.

I tried Nali first. That didn't go so well. So I switched to Cows.

The cows don't provide much of a fight and nobody playing this map is going to get a high score unless the use the golf standard. Basically this map is just for a no challenge whatsoever wholesale slaughter of cows... and to look at butterflies.

For the heck of it, I put a player bot on the map. Initially unarmed, this bot will respawn when killed and attack the monsters just like any players will. The only major difference is that if you mess with this bot, or just come near it, in all probability it will try and kill you too.

Enjoy the butterflies.
Pizz@-Soldier
Fri May 11 2012, 02:02pm
Registered Member #4
Always that map with those hills, and where it's 99% of the time impossible to login because of the many monsters.
evilgrins
Sat May 12 2012, 11:06pm
Registered Member #5
I've never had any login problems with it, on any servers.

Yeah, it's a simple setup that i love to edit. Leads to intense all out combat with a tonnage of monsters. I do edit other maps but this is my fave by far.
Pizz@-Soldier
Sun May 13 2012, 11:06pm
Registered Member #4
Well I haven't completed one of them yet, simply because I can't login when the nap is playing.
Spawnpoints in a seperate room far away from the battlefield might help it.
evilgrins
Tue May 15 2012, 07:42am
Registered Member #5
The spawnpoints are within the base, which is often away from the battle unless the players are busy sniping and not fighting directly.

I've played my maps with other players on KB's servers before. New players come in and out often enough so, are you sure the problem isn't on your end?
Pizzi
Wed May 16 2012, 07:12pm
Registered Member #11
It is the NexGen, which causes Login problems sometimes if a Spawn Room is filled up with too many Monsters (MH-!!![DIE] or MH-(_@_)_TooMuchHP there are some more Maps, but this is just an example ;-)).
I don't know much about coding, so I can just guess: Maybe it's to hard to calculate all the Monsters and Projectiles for the Program, so while it is still busy with the calculation, the Login time is expired and the client get kicked out.
Even the Version I used on my Server with a Login timeout of 40 seconds causes this problem more times in one of these Maps with a heavily Monster filled Spawn Rooms.
I must admit that I have no idea how to prevent this Problem, only thing Players can do is to login over and over till it works. Sometime it's working after 2-3 times, sometime you need 10-15 attemts...
evilgrins
Wed May 16 2012, 09:23pm
Registered Member #5
That could be it. This map I edit so much does have a lotta monsters on it.
Zipps
Thu May 17 2012, 09:46am
Registered Member #19
why not edit the map and add block monster so monster cant come in to spawn room
Pizzi
Fri May 18 2012, 01:49am
Registered Member #11
That will not really help, cause it's not only the fact that Monsters are all around the Players and shooting at them, if you are just too near to the Monsters / Projectiles (sight Radius) it causes this Problem.
You really need a single Spawn Room where you can't see any Monsters or Projectiles, than it's working fine.
Besides, specially in the two Maps I gave as Example you can't work with MonsterBlockers, cause there are Tentacles hanging on the ceiling in the Spawn Rooms, only possibility would be a Projectile Blocker, but than it would make no sense anymore...
In my eyes an Edit in form of a new created Start Room somewhere outside the Map, which is connected though a Teleporter with the former Spawn Room would help, everything else is forlorn hope :-(
Pizz@-Soldier
Fri May 18 2012, 11:42am
Registered Member #4
Thats how I see it aswell, a spawnroom outside the map should fix the problem.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF